About Kyle Carter
- Kyle Carter was born at Memorial hospital in Bakersfield California in 1957 and has been a resident here all but 2 years of his life. Kyle attended Norris Elementary School, North High School, and Bakersfield College.
- In 1975 Kyle graduated high school and at the advice of his father Bill Carter and Uncle Curt Carter Sr. he joined the local carpenters union #743. In 1978 Kyle completed the apprenticeship and received his Journeyman’s Carpenters card. Kyle worked for his father and uncle as a carpenter from 1973 to 1980.
- It was in 1980 that Kyle had completed all of the on the job training requirements and schooling that made him eligible to take the tests and acquire his B-1 General contractors license from the State of California. At that time he started his own construction company, Kyle Carter Builders, and then later incorporated under the name of Kyle Carter Homes. Over the course of 25 years Kyle Carter Homes became locally known for building very high quality homes in and around Bakersfield with a market share that reached 25%. Kyle Carter Homes also gained national recognition as one of the top 200 home building companies in the nation.
- In 1990 Kyle opened a swimming pool building company. His soon became the largest pool building company in Kern County.
- In 1994 Kyle went back to school at night to earn his real estate broker’s license. He then started two real estate companies and a mortgage company. Not long after that Kyle bought Kern Escrow Company from Karpe Realty. In 2001 Kyle completed the courses required by the National Association of Realtors to receive his GRI certification. Kyle also holds a general engineering license.
- In June of 2003, before the building boom, Kyle sold Kyle Carter Homes Building and Loan to The McMillan Company. At the time of the sale Kyle Carter Homes generated approximately one hundred million dollars in gross annual revenues and provided thousands of jobs to Bakersfield residents.
- By 2007 Kyle’s wife, Kim McAbee Carter, had recorded several Music CD projects under the Soigné Records label that they had started. Kim was the featured vocalist and Kyle accompanied her with his guitar. During that year they crisscrossed the nation performing and promoting Kim’s music. Sometimes they toured with Kim’s full band, 7th Standard, and sometimes as a duo.
- From 2004 to 2015 Kyle opened KCCS, a warranty company for any Kyle Carter Homes warranty issues, and K-Corp Enterprises which is a commercial real estate investment company. K-Corp has been operating, putting together and building projects such as The Olive Drive Self Storage, Olive Drive Business Park and several construction projects on the Valley Baptist Church campus and Olive Drive Church campus. Kyle also spent 3 years commuting between Bakersfield and the central coast constructing a high end residential project in Montecito.
- In 2014 Kyle campaigned for and won the election for the office of Trustee of the Kern Community College District. While on that board Kyle has been working to establish a better working relationship between the colleges and the district. And to enhance the agriculture program at Bakersfield College by creating a “Farm Lab.” that would be a working think tank to bring about better practices to grow crops with less water.
- In January 2016 Kyle officially retired his career in building. During Kyle’s 40 years of building Bakersfield, he had built over 5,000 high quality homes, hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of public utility structures and substructures, and many miles of roads. He has cleaned up and repurposed 530 acres of abandoned oil field wells and infrastructures. Kyle built 3 lift stations and has dismantled and repurposed a non-functioning sewer and water treatment plant. Kyle has started 20 successful companies and helped dozens of other people get their businesses and careers started as well. But most importantly, Kyle has been blessed to be able to provide good paying, stable jobs for thousands of Bakersfield people for many years.
- 2016 and beyond. As a way to help revitalize down town Bakersfield and revive the local music industry, Kyle and his wife Kim bought the American Sound building at the corner of Q and 23rd street. After a substantial amount of remodeling it has been transformed into The Bakersfield Music Hall of Fame. This beautiful new venture consists of a 250 seat performing arts theatre, two recording studios, and eight professional offices for entertainment type businesses. The mission of the Bakersfield Music Hall of Fame is to support the arts and live music in downtown Bakersfield, to provide a world class listening experience for the people of Bakersfield, to recognize the past and present generations of Bakersfield music artists, and to provide a path for the future generation of gifted musicians and singers to come out of Bakersfield.
- In 2016 Kyle Carter is running for the office of Mayor of Bakersfield. Kyle hopes to take to place of the Honorable Mayor Harvey Hall who has chosen to step down from the office after 16 years of service to our city.
Kyle Carter is a past member of:
- The National Association of Home Builders
- Building Industry Associates
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America
- National Association of Realtors
- National Mortgage Brokers Association
- Fruitvale community Church
Kyle has held past positions on:
- Founder and CEO of Kyle Carter Homes Building and loan
- Board member of Building Industry Association [BIA]
- Founder and CEO of Kyle Carter Real Estate
- Founder and President of Kyle Carter Mortgage
- Board Member of Valley Baptist Finance Board
- Board Member of Valley Personnel Board
- Board Member of Valley Baptist Building and Planning
- President of Kern Escrow Company
Kyle is a current member of:
- Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce
- National Storage Association
- California Storage Association
- Valley Baptist Church
- The Academy of Country Music
- National Recording Academy
- National Rifle Association
Kyle presently serves on the following boards:
- Trustee of the Kern Community College Board
- Board member of the Bakersfield Homeless Center
- Board member of the Downtown Bakersfield Development Corporation
- Ward 2 board member of Keep Bakersfield Beautiful
- Vice President and Co-Founder of the Greater Bakersfield Music Hall of Fame
- Advisory member of The Bakersfield Symphony
- President of K-Corp Enterprises
- Board member of the Fox Theater Foundation
- President of Soigné Records
- Board member of the Alliance against Family Violence